What to expect?
During a typical Sunday Service we usually:
- Sing several songs
- Read a passage from the Bible
- Hear someone give a talk from the Bible
- Pray for each other, the surrounding community, and the world
After the service we always have a drink and something to eat, and sometimes people go out for dinner together - we would love you to join us!
To make your time with us easier we try to:
- Avoid (or explain) Christian jargon.
- Put people at ease, even if they've never been to church before.
- Make it clear that we don't expect visitors to contribute financially to the church.
- Do our best not to make "in" references to people, places or events - as if everyone knows what's going on!
- Avoid emotional-hype, acting like we've got everything together, and fake religiosity; we're ordinary, open people, who follow Jesus.
We don’t always do well at these things, but we're working on it! By the way, feel free to wear whatever you like – don't feel you need to dress up.
Aboriginal Advancement League
2 Watt Street
Thornbury, Vic 3071